Signs and Signals of Infertility
Human reproductive system is very complex to understand and predict. It is not easy to determine whether a couple has been suffering from infertility or not. However, according to medical experts like Dr. Rita Bakshi of International Fertility Centre, a couple is said to be suffering from infertility if they are not able to conceive after six months to one year of unprotected sex.
Symptoms in women
It is not very easy to identify the problem of infertility. However, there are certain symptoms and signs that can indicate a strong presence of infertility in women. Keen observation may lead to early detection and treatment increasing the possibility of getting through.
- Abnormality on menstruation cycle: It is very much essential to have a regular menstruation cycle in women. Irregular periods, very heavy bleeding, abnormally extended menstruation period might result infertility. These symptoms can also be due to other serious gynaecological problems and therefore never to be taken lightly.
- Too much or too less weight: Again, it would be extremely to draw a conclusion of infertility in case of very obese or thin women. However, if the woman with such physical structure is not able to conceive for a long time, there might be a correlation between the two. Too heavy or too thin women might have ovulation related issues or structural problems in the reproductive area.
- Abnormal physiological symptoms: In some cases, infertility is caused by hormonal imbalance. There are weird symptoms appear like growth of hair on face and body, insulin resistance, pain during intercourse, milky white discharge from breasts, etc. These symptoms may lead to infertility and have to be reported immediately to the expert Doctors.
Symptoms in Men
Unlike the case of women where the symptoms are much visible and clear, infertility symptoms in men are extremely vague and usually go unnoticed unless couple tries for pregnancy. These symptoms can be diagnosed by various pathological tests.
- Physical deformities: This is perhaps the most visible symptom and can get noticed fairly early. Men with physical deformity of genital structure might be infertile. However, it is not completely true because the sperm count and quality might be absolutely normal and pregnancy is possible through external fertilization.
- Low sperm count: Couples trying for pregnancy more than six months and not getting success are advised to go for semen test. In the case where sperm count is extremely low, infertility is diagnosed.
- Degraded sperm quality: In some cases, the sperm count is adequate, but the sperms are not strong enough to make the fertilization possible. Multiple sexual relations also do not result conception.
When to seek medical help?
Couples should seek expert doctor's advice if any of the above-mentioned symptoms persist and they are not able to conceive even after six months of unprotected sex. Doctors would look at all aspects of the case and then treat the patient accordingly. It is very much important that the clinic has best technical facilities and qualified and experienced doctors. Treating infertility requires great
amount of knowledge and experience. A clinic like International Fertility Centre provides one of the best treatments at New Delhi, the capital of India. Dr. Rita Bakshi has a vast experience of giving infertility treatment for more than 20 years and she leads the team of expert doctors and skilled medical personnel to treat every aspect of infertility.